Thursday, April 9, 2020

Pajamas and Jeans

Routinely in the mornings, you’d look into your wardrobe figuring what you’d wear for the day. If it’s weekdays, you’d look for work clothes. For weekends something more casual. Sometimes it’s hard to decide which because you have more than you can wear (I’m making a calculated guess here). But come bed time, there’s no stress what to wear. You’ll go for your most comfortable wear. Right, your pajamas. It’s time to hit the sack and pajamas give you a sense of relaxation. It’s hypnotical to a certain extent and before you know it, you’ll be knocked out cold without a care in the world, at least for the next seven to eight hours. Waking up in the morning, you feel refreshed, upbeat and ready for another day. Sounds wishful? Try sleeping in your work clothes!


One of my most worn garments in my wardrobe is my jeans. Jeans are not your regular working pants (once upon a time). They’re casual wear and for rugged use like the outdoor. You don’t need to wash them as often and they last for a very long time. The longer you wear them, the more seasoned and comfortable they become. I wear my jeans 90% of the time.


It’s been 21 days since partial locked down. I guess most of us have not worn our working clothes since then; unless you had been smitten by that Doraemon syndrome. Now, I haven’t worn my jeans for three weeks. Yesterday I took it out to wear briefly cos I had to ride my motorcycle (for essentials). Thankfully, it still fit. I think you all too should try putting on your jeans. If it fits, you’re okay. If it doesn't, then you have to check your social distancing with your fridge. You see, if you keep wearing comfortable clothes all the time, like your pajamas, it will have you thinking that you are alright and all is good. But careful now ...


“A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and need like a bandit.” (Prov. 24:33) – Read v.30-32 for context.


I wonder when MCO lifts, will we be shopping for new jeans? My point, “watch and pray” lest you stumble and succumb.

No comments:

HELLO 2022

 In the beginning God created …. (Genesis. 1:1) In the beginning was the Word … (John 1:1) In the beginning of 2022 God … Everything i...