Wednesday, February 5, 2020

IF God has a hand phone ...


When God revealed Himself to Moses in preparation for delivering the Israelites out of Egypt, God revealed Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Moses was then instructed to present God to the Israelites as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to remind them of the covenant He had made with Abraham which had since passed down to Isaac and Jacob (Ex. 3:11). Now is the time for the fulfillment of the promise.

People love to name-tag. "I am a friend of so and so". I don't carry name cards but if I do, it will not be about my credentials following after my name. Rather it will be something like this: "Leslie Low - friend of _______". But I have learned long time ago to avoid name tagging. It may get you somewhere but there is a price to pay. It's natural for people to want to name tag. To be identified with someone great is not only leverage but also an ego boost. But careful. In the end you may have to sell your soul. 

When I read about God taking upon Himself to "name-tag" with man, I was dumbfounded. How can God identify Himself with fallen men? I suppose David too felt the same for he wrote: "What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? (Ps. 8:4). Man was in fact made a little lower than angels and angels worship God! God is majestic in all the earth. He has set His glory in the heavens. Yet He chose to be known as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Like David, all I can say too is: "Lord, our God, how majestic is your name in all the earth". If there is any doubt that God loves and cares for us, let this be put to rest today. God loves us. Full stop.

IF God has a hand phone, I pray my name will be in His contact list. Have a God day.

Sincerely,

Leslie Low - friend of God

No comments:

HELLO 2022

 In the beginning God created …. (Genesis. 1:1) In the beginning was the Word … (John 1:1) In the beginning of 2022 God … Everything i...