Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Decision


When Joshua and the Israelites arrived at the banks of Jordan river, a miracle was awaiting them. God had brought them to this place and at this particular time. They could look across the river and behold the miracle right before their eyes. What was in between them and the miracle was not the river. It was in fact ... a DECISION. A miracle was just a decision away. And then all it took was a first step into the water.

At the river banks, the priests carrying the Ark of Covenant were getting ready to cross the flooded river. Needless to say, it was a risky venture. So instead of placing the army at first rank, the priests with the Ark of Covenant were at point position. God was leading and was going ahead of them! The stage was set. Only thing left was simply a decision. Joshua had to decide whether he would follow God and take the first step into the flooded river or he would remain at where he was. He decided God's will and a miracle followed. The river parted and rolled back on both sides and what happened with the Red Sea some forty years ago happened right before Joshua's generation. The entire camp of Israel, most of whom had never witnessed the Red Sea parting, crossed over the river on dry ground. What was the miracle? The parting of the river? The crossing over? Yes, these are obvious but the real miracle was the making of the right DECISION.

I have been in love with my dear wife 39 years now (being married now for 37 years). We are still very much in love with each other. In fact, we are still over the moon today ... so to say. Yes, we had our rough and trying times too like any other couples. But I don't  remember when was the last time we "had it out". We both have God to thank for this. It's because we love God first that we are able to draw from Him and for one another. I have discovered for myself that love is a decision. At cross roads I have to decide to choose what's RIGHT or what I WANT. If I were to put me first above my wife and choose that which pleases me regardless if it's the right thing to do, then I don't think I am responding to love. I will be like choosing death instead of life. But if I am willing to choose to die to self and do what is right by us regardless of how I feel, then I would have chosen life over death. The right feelings will follow suit but the decision has to come first. Dying to self is not easy but that's how it was with Jesus. He died so we might live. That is unconditional love. That's what we need in our relationship with each other if we want to continue in love. That's why I say, a miracle is a decision and love is a decision.

Perhaps today you are at the very edge of river Jordon. Things aren't looking too good on your side. You know you shouldn't be on your side. God is telling you to look beyond the river. He's in front of you. You know you need a miracle. You  know you should be on the other side. What's keeping you from taking the first step into the troublous water? A DECISION.

A miracle is a decision. Why are you still waiting for a miracle?

No comments:

HELLO 2022

 In the beginning God created …. (Genesis. 1:1) In the beginning was the Word … (John 1:1) In the beginning of 2022 God … Everything i...