Wednesday, February 20, 2019

TO WHICH DOES YOUR LOYALTY LIES?


People follow people for two reasons. It is either the cause (mission) or the person (leader). If it is for the cause then they will follow the leader as long as the leader still carries on the cause. But when the mission ceases or fails, then the following ceases. However, when followers follow a person because they believe in that person, then even if the mission ceases, they will still be loyal and follow the leader. Which of the two has the better influence?

In Christendom, we have the church and we have Jesus. I have a question for you. Which are you following today? The answer may seem obvious but give this a thought. Which are you following today? To help clarify things a bit more, to which does your loyalty lie? This is not a trick question. It is however, a soul searching question. Too often I see Christians abandoning one church for another for whatever reason. The thinking is: "as long as I stay loyal to God, church does not really matter".  Well ... the way I see it, it matters to Jesus.

I think it matters that Christians love church because THEY LOVE JESUS as compared to people love Jesus because THEY LOVE CHURCH. Spot the difference? You see, when you love Jesus because of who He is, you will love His church and you will be loyal to both. But if your love for Jesus is because of your love for His church, then your loyalty will not lie with Jesus. You will keep chasing after the cause (church) not the person. My point?

Jesus, being universally supreme, is my sufficiency. Jesus is more than enough for me. I do not need to replace His supremacy and sufficiency with add ons. Christ and Christ alone is more than enough for me. I can and I will grow where I am planted. The reason I love my church? It's simply because I love my Jesus. I am a follower of Christ. In Him lies my loyalty.

No comments:

HELLO 2022

 In the beginning God created …. (Genesis. 1:1) In the beginning was the Word … (John 1:1) In the beginning of 2022 God … Everything i...